Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My last blog!!!

I have found that as the semester has progressed I have changed the way that I look at things. I now see themes from the class in nearly everything that happens every day. I have become conscious of how these themes are part of our everyday life. The books that we read throughout the semester have also given me a new appreciation for things that I do not understand, particularly Finnegans Wake and The Four Quartets. I have even made it a goal of mine to read Finnegans Wake in its entirety. I have come to terms with the fact that this will be a lifelong endeavor, but I will keep the book by my bed and try to read a little at time, when I have the time. Our look at the book in class has given me a strange comfort with the unknown and the incomprehensible. I still do not understand the meaning of 'emergent' in 'emergent literature' but I do understand the relevance of themes we covered in class in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment